Brazilian Butt Lift ( BBL surgery ) is a kind of cosmetic Surgery that fat is removed from other parts of the body and is injected to the buttocks area so it help to restore the sahpe of the buttoks. in this article from mdyana , we are going to explore every ting about Brazilian Butt Lift .you can get mor info in the health.com a magazine in America too.
What is a Brazilian Butt Lift ?
Brazilian butt lift or “Buttock augmentation with fat grafting” or “safe subcutaneous buttock augmentation (SSBA) or “Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL)” is a cosmetic procedure that improves (augments) the size and shape of your buttocks without implants just with a specialized fat transfer with removing the fat from the hips, abdomen, lower back, or thighs with liposuction and injecting the fat into the buttocks.
A Brazilian butt lift is a popular cosmetic surgery although it isn’t as traditional as other “lift” procedure but it is popular for people who has sagging or excess skin in the buttocks area and according to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, there were 61387 Brazilian butt lift performed in the US in 2021.
What does a Brazilian butt lift do to your body?
During a Brazilian butt lift, plastic surgeon will remove the fat from the hips, abdomen, lower back, or thighs and inject and insert them them into the buttocks. This procedure helps you in 2 ways, first of all after recovery you will have bigger and more symmetrical butt and secondly you will have smoother body in the place that fat is removed.
What Is the Difference Between a Brazilian Butt Lift and Butt Implants?
Both “a Brazilian Butt Lift” and “Butt Implants “are surgical procedures for buttocks enhancing, which in the Brazilian Butt Lift you own fat is used and extra hat is removed from the other part of body and help to improve body image in the other parts too and it increases buttock size without implants and can achieve remarkably natural looking, but the Butt Implants will help you, if you are very lean and don’t have sufficient fat to perform fat harvesting , and it offers a variety of shapes and sizes but buttock implants can also look and feel less natural compared to a skillfully performed Brazilian butt lift .
Why have a Brazilian butt lift?
Some people aren’t pleased and happy with their “flat” buttocks that lacks shape despite a healthy diet and regular exercise, so they perform Brazilian butt lift surgery to be happier with their body.
In general, some reason to perform Brazilian butt lift surgery are
- Enhance the curves of lower body
- Reduce fat pockets on the hips, thighs or belly
- add fullness to the buttocks
- give better body image with enhancing the balance between upper and lower body
- Help clothing fit more attractivel
Who is a good candidate for a Brazilian butt lift?
A Brazilian butt lift is a personal decision that can be a great option to improve the shape and size of the buttocks; Because a BBL carries more risk than most other plastic surgery procedures, appropriate patient selection is extremely important, and surgeons should be stricter with qualifying criteria, so, certain patients are better suited to the procedure.
To be considered for a Brazilian butt lift some criteria are:
- Have good physical health
- Have realistic expectations
- Have enough fat available in other parts of the body
- Have good skin tone in the hips and buttocks
- Accept to avoid sitting directly on your buttocks for several weeks
- The body developing finished(at least 18 years old)
How common is Brazilian Butt Lift ?
Brazilian Butt Lift is a common procedure that’s growing in popularity. According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, between 2015 and 2019, the frequency of Brazilian butt lift procedures grew from 14,705 to 28,076, in the 2020 there were 21,823 Brazilian Butt Lift performed and in 2021 61,387 Brazilian butt lift performed in the USA.
What are the benefits and advantages of Brazilian Butt Lift?
- It is safer than butt implants for butt enhancement
- It looks more natural with improving body proportion
- It last for long time
- It helps to improve the self-esteem
- Reduce fat in the other parts of body
- It will give quick result
- Cellulite Is Less Visible
- It helps cloths fit better in the body
What are the risks or complications of a Brazilian Butt Lift?
Getting a Brazilian Butt Lift , as with any surgery, poses some risks, including:
- Infection and loss of skin in the treated areas
- Skin discoloration or changes in skin sensation
- Swelling or poor wound healing
- lumps under the skin
- fat embolism, with a fatality rate of 1 in 3000, in the heart or lungs that can cause respiratory distress and death and it makes a BBL. surgery dangerous
- failure of buttocks to take up the grafted fat stores so it may need to repeat the surgery
What happens before a Brazilian butt lift procedure?
Before getting a Brazilian Butt Lift your plastic surgeon evaluate your physical and mental health and your social condition, and evaluate if you are a good candidate for the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure or not and if you have realistic expectations and if you are aware the the risks involved in a Brazilian butt lift procedure especially fat embolisms.
What happens during a Brazilian Butt Lift procedure?
A Brazilian Butt Lift procedure is done with general anesthesia so you’re not awake and won’t feel any pain.
First of all, plastic surgeon removes excess fat with a suction cannula (suction device attached to a small, stainless steel instrument) and a large syringe, usually 300 to 500 ccs on each side, then the removed fat is purified and is injected into the 3 to 5 small incisions around your buttock and finally the fat transfer incisions closed.
What happens after a Brazilian Butt Lift procedure?
At the end of surgery your affected areas will wrap with a compression band to reduce bleeding and you move to recovery room for monitoring your overall health and waiting for you to wake up.
You may need to stay in hospital at least the first 24 hours after your Brazilian Butt Lift before the doctor discharge you.
First days after surgery you should takes pain killers drugs, have high protein diet and avoid smoking and drinking alcohol.
What is recovery like? How long is recovery after this procedure?
Like any cosmetic surgery, you’ll need to take special care after a Brazilian Butt Lift in recovery period which the time can differ person to person and recovery times may vary.
- To reduce pain, especially the first several days you can use pain medication or OTC acetaminophen and after one to two weeks, your pain will decrease
- Have a family member or a friend near you to help and take care of you
- You should be aware that your butt may be swollen and bruised and Your incisions may bleed slightly and you may need a temporary drain in the incision to remove excess blood or fluid
- You may have to wear a compression garment around the areas that fat is removed
- You shouldn’t sit on your butt for two weeks following surgery and just after several weeks, you may be able to sit for short periods of time on a specially designed pillow “donut” seat that evenly distributes pressure and you can’t sit without the pillow at least for 8 weeks and normal sitting activity is typically allowed after 8 weeks or so
- You should sleep on your side or on your stomach
- you should avoid heavy lifting or strenuous activities for one month
- you should be able to go back to work between 10 and 14 days after but better don’t sit for long time or using a standing desk instead
- After 8 weeks you can participate in light exercises
- Full recovery is 2-3 months after your Brazilian butt lift procedure but It can take up to 6 months before you see full results.
How much does a Brazilian Butt Lift cost?
The cost varies according many factor for example size and shape, sagging and the surgical technique, therefore get contact with us for information.
|Country||Estimated Brazilian Butt Lift cost Price|
|Turkey||$2000 – $3500|
|Australia||$4,500 to $8,500|
Turkey , the Most Affordable Destination for Brazilian Butt Lift
Turkey has become a popular destination for medical tourism in recent years, including for cosmetic surgery Turkey procedures such as Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL). There are several reasons why Turkey may be considered an affordable destination for BBL:
Lower cost of living: Turkey has a lower cost of living compared to many other countries, which means that the cost of medical procedures, including BBL, is generally lower as well.
Favorable exchange rate: The Turkish lira has had a relatively weak exchange rate in recent years, which makes it more affordable for people from other countries to pay for medical procedures in Turkey.
High competition: There are many clinics and hospitals offering cosmetic surgery procedures in Turkey, which has created a competitive market and can lead to lower prices for patients.
Experienced surgeons: Many of the surgeons in Turkey have received their training and education in Europe or the United States and are experienced in performing cosmetic surgery procedures, including BBL.
However, it’s important to note that cost should not be the only factor when considering medical tourism for a procedure like BBL . Patients should also research and consider the reputation and experience of the surgeon and clinic, as well as the potential risks and complications associated with the procedure.
How Long Does It Take to Recover from a Brazilian Butt Lift??
Full recovery is 2-3 months after your Brazilian butt lift procedure.
When Will I See the Results of a Brazilian Butt Lift?
It can take up to 6 months before you see full results.
When Can I Resume Exercising after a Brazilian Butt Lift?
After 4-6 weeks you can do light exercises but its better wait until 8 weeks and at least 2 – 3 months after the surgery for more strenuous physical activities, including heavy lifting and running.
Is the Result of the Procedure Permanent?
No it isn’t Permanent, as not all of the injected fat will survive long-term but Overall, the effects of this surgery last several months to years and if your weight doesn’t fluctuate you will have better outcome in long term period.
When can I drive after BBL surgery?
At least 2 weeks after the surgery, but it is better to avoid long time driving as far as possible.